Wednesday, June 10, 2026

83

Today is the first day of summer vacation.

Our first stop was to drop Heidi off at the airport. We left home around 4:35. It is a little light out at that time. Heidi's flight was at 6:30. I'm not sure when the first flights of the day happen, but TSA is open 90-minutes before that first flight, so when we got to the airport around 5AM, we knew she would get to her gate quickly.


We got a chance for a quick nap for about an hour or so when we got back home.

Today was going to be a stormy day, so I took time to clean up the peonies

BEFORE


AFTER

Around 1:45, the sirens went off. I don't believe it was for a tornado, but winds were going to be 70+ miles per hour, so we went to the basement.



Hail was just south of us. 


When we got back upstairs, I could see it had been windy.


Kai started playing with kinetic sand in the basement, and it continued upstairs.


Around 5PM, we went to the library to pick up our summer reading program materials.



Of course, the allure of the library is Minecraft. Kai and another kid built something called a "beacon"


That's all for now.

Little Red starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0

Last day of blog, first day of school. Here are some first day pictures from out front. First from my point of view, then Heidi's. Off t...