Sunday, June 14, 2026

79

 Today is our plane day.

Got bad news to start, our flight from Chicago to Los Angeles would be delayed because the flight crew came in late last night, and due to FAA rules, they needed rest, and the departure time would be after 11AM.

Regardless, our 630AM flight from Madison to O'Hare was still on. We left home about 5:10 and got to the airport around 5:35, and were through TSA by 5:53.





I find it funny that New Glarus' Spotted Cow -- kind of average beer, but everyone knows that you can only get it in Wisconsin. The guy next to me brought it as his carry on. I asked who wanted it, he said someone on Kansas City.


While we waited in Chicago, Kai played Roblox and did some drawing. We were hoping to get on the plane quick, but since we didn't all we really had to eat was some Dunkin'


We took off from O'Hare..I think around 1130. Our flight was longer because it looks like we were avoiding some turbulence. We flew up north of Madison ironically, and then made our way west.

On the way to LAX, I know there are two newish sporting venues. SoFi Stadium is big stadium in Los Angeles - it has hosted the Super Bowl and is hosting World Cup matches. A lot of people on the airplane are going to the game tomorrow.


In the middle of the picture is the Intuit Dome. The LA Clipper play basketball there. One of the cofounders of Microsoft bought the team and built the world-class arena. Much of the 2028 Olympics will be in this area.

I like to take picture of traffic...


Someone playing piano in the airport.



We took an Uber to meet Heidi at the Cafe Gratitude in Venice. It would be easier for Heidi to get us there than to find us at the airport.

Our Uber driver was Oscar. He was such a good conversationalist. I got to talk with him about OJ Simpson, Kobe Bryant (Lakers star who died on helicopter accident), World Cup, etc. Most interesting were the Waymo cars, the self-driving cars that were everywhere. At one point in time, there was a Waymo in front of us and an Waymo behind us. We were the only people with an actual driver. I tipped him once, then thought about it, and then tipped him one more time....total price of my ride was about $42. Worth it.



Here is Heidi at Cafe Gratitude.



And here is our food. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

0

Last day of blog, first day of school. Here are some first day pictures from out front. First from my point of view, then Heidi's. Off t...